The size of the provided poster boards are:
Height: 150 cm (59.06 Inches)
Width: 120 cm (47.24 Inches)
The recommended size of a scientific poster is 130 cm x 90 cm (height x width).
The poster boards are made of material appropriate for push-pins. We will provide enough push-pins; please do not use adhesive tape or glue to attach your poster to a poster board.
Suggested structure of a scientific poster is:
- Materials and methods
- Results/discussion/conclusions (literature cited)
A few poster examples can be found on http://www.eposters.net
Please try to focus on the main aspects of your research work and illustrate these clearly.
Please do not try to add too much information to your poster as it may reduce the distinctness of your presentation
Please only include information on your poster that will be illustrated during your presentation
- The title of your poster must correspond to the title of your abstract submitted previously.
- You will receive the location of your poster presentation in your personal account at www.esc-berlin.com prior to the conference. There you will find a personal poster number consisting of a number and the letter A or B. This number corresponds to the poster board that is reserved for you.
- Please attach your poster to the poster board indicated with your personal poster number before 9am on the day of your presentation.
- Posters should stay on display for the duration of the whole conference day.
- You will be expected to take down your poster at the end of your presentation day.
- Posters left after each presentation will be removed at 8pm of each conference day.
- You can leave your poster container at the registration desk overnight if you plan to attend a workshop or social event on the day of your presentation.
Poster Session structure
Jury sessions for 24 different disciplines will take place in 2 time slots during the conference. Please be present at the site of your poster session at least 10 minutes before the start of your presentation. A Jury will review each poster during the poster session and you will be asked to discuss your work with the chair of the poster session and an interested audience.
The session participants will be divided in two groups. All participants will receive a poster number that ends with the letter A or B. If your poster number has an A at the end (group A) your poster will be reviewed by the jury in the first half hour of the session. If your poster number has a B at the end (group B), your poster will be reviewed by the jury in the second half hour of the session. There will be time to peruse other posters after your allocated session.
Your poster will be scored according to the following criteria:
- Formal criteria and time limit (see above)
- Fluency and intelligibility: arrangement of poster, structure
- Response to questions in discussion